Sign up today to develop your leadership skills and strengthen UK charities.
Delivered by social enterprise Cause4 in partnership with Close Brothers Asset Management and the Clothworkers’ Company, this award-winning Trustee course now trains over 500 Trustees a year and gives professionals the skills and confidence to join a charity as a board member.
An enriching career development opportunity offered over five evenings, the course covers the key responsibilities of Trustees and other regulatory issues alongside real-world insights from experts from across the charity sector.
The programme also runs a free charity matching service supporting participants on each programme to join Boards as Trustees.
Participants can benefit from accreditation from the Institute of Leadership Management.
The sessions give participants extensive time for Q&A and networking.
COURSE DATES AUTUMN 2018:
- Wednesday 3rd October: Module 1: Overview of the Charity Sector and the Importance of Trustees
- Wednesday 10th October: Module 2: Governance & Strategic Planning
- Wednesday 31st October: Module 3: Financial Management
- Thursday 8th November: Module 4: An Introduction to Fundraising
- Wednesday 14th November: Trustee Charity Matching Event. Meet Charity Leaders seeking new Trustees.
Please click here to register.
Times and venue
Seminars run from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, hosted by Close Brothers AM with drinks and canapés served.
Nearest tube stations: Liverpool Street and Moorgate.
ONE DAY COURSES
The Trustee Leadership Programme will also be taking place as a one day course in:
- Alrewas, Burton-on-Trent – 12th September, please click here to register;
- Manchester – 13th September, please click here to register; and
- Glasgow – 19th September, please click here to register.
Please get in touch for more information.
EMERGING CHAIRS PROGRAMME
The acclaimed Trustee Leadership Programme is now launching an enriching career development opportunity offered over three sessions to cover the key considerations and skills needed when chairing a Board of Trustees. These practical sessions will give participants extensive time for Q&A and networking and to hear from people who have led a range of charities.
The course is suitable for those with aspirations to become Chairs of a charity or for those existing Chairs wanting to progress and develop in their role. All participants must have experience as charity Trustees.
Wednesday 7th November: 16:00 – 18:00
- Module 1: Leading a Board of Trustees
- Module 2: Supporting the Senior Management Team
Wednesday 14th November: 16:00 – 18:00
- Module 3: Developing a Long-Term Business Plan and Strategy
- Module 4: Fundraising and Marketing
Wednesday 28th November: 16:00 – 18:00
- Module 5: Challenges for Charity Chairs
Please click here to register.
INTENSIVE COURSES FOR BUSINESSES & CHARITIES
Are you a business or charity looking to develop your CSR strategy or personal development opportunities? Do you want to keep employee engagement and satisfaction high? The Trustee Leadership Programme is now also available for businesses and charities wanting to offer it to their employees. Click here for more information.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
I really enjoyed the course. It was really useful to find out about how Charities operate, the role of Trustees and what is expected of Trustees.
– Steve S, Accountant, EY
A fantastic course run by the Cause4 team. The Matching format is great.
– JP, Financial derivatives adviser
I attended the recent Close Brothers Trustee Leadership Programme, which I thoroughly enjoyed and would like to thank you for such a well organised and useful programme.
– Charlotte S, Family law solicitor
Extremely helpful. It provided a real insight into the work of trustees.
I liked the ability to ask questions of the Trustees and gain an understanding of the needs and issues faced by their charities. I’d definitely recommend.
– Debbie K, Government solicitor
Terms and Conditions
Please click here for our booking terms and conditions.
Places cost £120 + VAT, processing and banking fees, and can be booked online via the Eventbrite links above for a small fee, or by invoice. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Please contact us at Cause4 using the contact details below:
0207 247 2963