Senior Consultant – Arts, Heritage or Community/Education
|Senior Consultant – Arts, Heritage or Community/Education (part-time or full-time options available)
|This position will be central to Cause4’s entrepreneurial fundraising and development activities on behalf of charities, philanthropists and social enterprises. It will support maximising income from a broad range of fundraising activities for a client portfolio, alongside developing new services and offers.
|SALARY:||Competitive depending on experience|
Cause4 champions new ways of scaling up charities and social enterprises supporting them to change and grow. A small team but with big ambition and a big heart, it’s not the size of project that matters to us but whether it can make an impact. Provoking change is at the heart of our mission.
Cause4 works in partnership with corporations, charities and people to develop important projects, create new business models, as well as to raise vital funds working across the charity, arts, sports and education sectors. Since set up in May 2009, Cause4 has raised over £55 million for clients and is committed to helping attract the best graduate talent to work on some of the charitable sector’s most pressing issues.
As a social enterprise and certified B-Corporation, Cause4 measures its social impact based on the level of income achieved for clients, and the associated impact of programmes across multiple beneficiary communities.
- Curious – our culture seeks to foster ideas, encourage considered risk-taking and support creativity that will achieve the best results.
- Ambitious – we actively encourage partnerships and collaboration, supporting organisations to be open to change in a fast-changing environment.
- United – we put team-working and collaboration at the heart of all our work.
- Straight-talking – we are straightforward and honest, and our communications are simple and jargon-free.
- Entrepreneurial – we aim to develop dynamic and entrepreneurial business models that support sustainable and cost-effective programmes for charities.
Cause4 is seeking a Senior Consultant or Consultants to join the organisation. The post-holder/s will support Cause4’s fundraising and consultancy at a senior level. We are looking for experts in one or more of the following areas: arts, heritage or community/education.
- To coordinate a personal portfolio of client and project work, leading consultancy projects for clients and developing clear and concise recommendations.
- To develop business plans and fundraising strategies on behalf of clients; to make applications supplying information of a high quality with detailed, robust budgets, and relevant monitoring and evaluation measurements.
- To develop a full understanding of individual profiles of specific clients within the portfolio of Cause4, and use this to develop Fundraising Strategies, Cases for Support and other funding documents.
- To lead ideas generation and strategic development for clients.
- To coach and mentor junior staff, reviewing applications and developing ideas and research as appropriate.
- To provide vision, leadership and strategic direction to junior staff, improving outcomes.
- To support the development of the Cause4 Business Plan and to build a portfolio of new business opportunities.
- To develop new programmes, initiatives and opportunities in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- To deliver training as required and to lead video dissemination via our e-learning portal Cause4Advance.
- To actively contribute to the development of cause4.co.uk, social media and blog, including working with members of senior management to actively develop the organisation’s digital dissemination of knowledge and training.
- To represent Cause4 externally when required and to proactively promote Cause4 at external events.
- To develop and support junior colleagues in meeting their goals and targets, ensuring a healthy and robust team culture and to manage staff as required.
- To lead on internal team brainstorms and deliver internal training sessions and provide one to one training / support sessions with individual team members.
- To undertake any other duties reasonably requested.
EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
The successful candidate will need:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in working within a charitable organisation or agency in a senior capacity, with proven knowledge across arts, heritage or community/education sectors;
- Experience of success as an independent consultant;
- An expert approach to consultancy and attention to detail to produce high-quality written materials;
- Exceptional writing skills and an ability to write in a range of different styles;
- To be comfortable when working to tight deadlines, and able to turn work around within a short time span where demands are liable to change at short notice;
- A confident communicator with experience of anticipating, planning and co-ordinating the needs of a growing team;
- Strong leadership skills, an ability to manage an individual project and ability to support junior members of staff;
- Excellent social skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy;
- To be outwardly focussed and aware of new developments and sector trends and able to relate to how developments in different areas can work to the benefit of the organisation;
- An ability to think laterally to maximise opportunities to promote the work of the organisation;
- Conscientious, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, and a team player who is also able to work independently;
- Passionate commitment to the work of charities, and a strong awareness of sector potential in a challenging funding context.
- Committed to lifelong learning and a generous outlook to knowledge sharing.
- An opportunity to join a growing team and play a crucial role in Cause4’s growth, and the development of its clients.
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing team, in a thriving co-working space (Mindspace) that hosts weekly events, including yoga, networking opportunities, skills development sessions and more.
- Regular team events and celebrations.
- Regular performance and salary reviews, good pension and benefits.
Cause4 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
- Send your CV and cover letter to Ben Wilson, Head of Development and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline 1st August
- First stage interviews week commencing 6th August