Job Title: Development Intern
Reporting To: Head of Development
Starting: June 2015
Duration: 12 weeks with the potential to be invited to join Cause4 as an Associate on our graduate training Entrepreneurship Programme on completion.
Cause4 has an exciting opportunity for a UCL graduate seeking to gain experience of the charity Sector in Summer 2016. The placement will consist of a 12-week internship within Cause4’s Entrepreneurship Programme. This will involve working with Cause4 to provide strategic and fundraising support for a number of clients within the charitable sector, combined with work on developing Cause4’s core business plans. The placement provides a unique opportunity to work on a range of different projects across the charitable sector as well as gaining experience in a growing enterprise.
Cause4 is a young, dynamic organisation which aims to modernise the charity sector by providing strategic and fundraising support to charities, social enterprises, philanthropists and other grant-making bodies. As a certified B-Corp, Cause4 is as committed to investing in its staff as it is in its sector, and provides a unique programme of training and hands-on experience for high-potential graduates at the beginning of exciting careers in the charity sector. Whilst a portfolio of work will be discussed with the successful candidate, activities will include:
- Trust and foundations identification, research and application writing;
- Corporate Sponsorship prospecting, research and proposal development;
- Idea generation and formulation;
- Business planning and strategy work for Cause4 clients;
- Development of programmes and campaigns;
- Development of social media and writing skills through writing for our blog Cause4Opinion http://www.cause4.co.uk/opinion-page/
- Office and administration management;
- Working as part of a young team in a fast moving environment;
- Access to training opportunities during the internship.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- IT literate;
- A thorough approach to research and exceptional attention to detail;
- Outwardly focussed and interested in new developments and sector trends, able to relate how changes in different arenas can work to the benefit of the organisation;
- Essential personal qualities – strong ‘completer-finisher’, highly developed communication skills (oral & written) conscientious, positive ‘can-do’ attitude, team player though able to work independently and passionate about the work of charities;
- Experience of fundraising on some level is desirable though not essential.
40 hours per week, paid through the UCL Advances Programme.
This internship is an entry route onto Cause4’s graduate training programme – the Entrepreneurship Programme. For more information about the Programme please see The Cause4 Entrepreneurship Programme.
Interested? Please send your CV to Georgina Wadham, Development Associate (email@example.com) as soon as possible. We will be aiming to have recruited someone for the scheme by the end of the week.